The re-opening of Barnsley Museums
We’ve missed you!
As lockdown restrictions ease, we’ve been busy planning and preparing the re-opening of our five fantastic free sites. Our priority is to offer a safe and enjoyable experience to all of our amazing visitors.
Our dedicated team are working hard to do this and we’re now delighted to confirm the opening dates of Barnsley Museums:
• The Elsecar Heritage Centre retail offer and cafes are now open. The Visitor Centre will re-open Saturday, 18 July offering a range of Barnsley themed products.
• The Cooper Gallery has reopened and we have launched our new exhibition ‘Allegories of the senses’. Joshua’s café is currently offering a takeaway service and is open with limited seating, Inspirations café has also re opened.
• The outdoor offer at Cannon Hall park and gardens are open offering a place to relax, reflect and appreciate the great outdoors. In August, the parklands will host our first ever outside exhibition, International Garden Photographer of the Year, which will see stunning images of outside spaces from across the world displayed in the Walled Garden. Our Museum will reopen its doors on Tuesday, 8 September, launching with our latest exhibition ‘Beautiful Barnsley’, spectacular photographs of the borough from local photographers. The Pavilion café is open for takeaways.
• Experience Barnsley will re-open on Saturday, 7 November and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back. The Discovery Centre will reopen on Monday, 14 September – booking essential
• Worsbrough Mill Country Park is open and the Mill has been producing tonnes of flour. Although the Mill will stay closed to visitors until 2021 due to its small size, their flour is available on site and for collection or delivery by Shop Appy. The Millers Tea Room is open for takeaways and has additional outside seating.
On your return things may be a little different but no less special and we’ll soon be showing you a little of what you can expect to see.
As ever our amazing digital work continues and we’ll be bringing you culture, art and history right to your door.
We want to thank everyone for their continued support during these unusual times, your comments, appreciation and words of encouragement has meant a lot.