Completion & Legacy
- The client/ steering group visits the installed artwork to inspect it and ensure it is in line with the specification provided. It may be useful to include a one month defect schedule post installation as a requirement at the contracting stage.
- A hand over document should be signed evidencing that the client has accepted the work and is responsible for it. The client and the artist should retain copies.
- A detailed maintenance plan should be finalised and shared, including any considerations regarding future decommissioning of the work.
- If desired by the commissioner a launch/ celebration event or PR and marketing activity could be delivered.
- Monitoring and evaluation should be carried out (including internal evaluation with artist and steering group, communities involved and reporting to any funders) to record the learning from the project.