During project set up and the concept design phase, the steering group should consider how to minimise negative impact on the environment.
This could include:
- Careful consideration of materials used for temporary and permanent works including any foundations required and consideration of potential reuse/ repurposing/ or recycling of materials
- Appointing local fabricators / contractors and using locally sourced materials
- Encouraging use of public transport to attend meetings, or holding virtual meetings when suitable
- Works including lighting may impact local wildlife which should be considered at concept design stage and appropriate experts consulted as necessary
- Power sources for lighting and sound based artworks should use renewable energy sources where possible