Art & Artists:
- Arts Council England (ACE). National arts funding body. Arts Jobs is a way to advertise artist opportunities. Arts News can support marketing events and activities.
- Art UK. Art UK is the online home for every public art collection in the UK.
- Artists Information Company. Provides a wide range of practical advice and guidance on all aspects of visual arts practice, including artists’ fees. Some sections require a subscription. Advertises artists opportunities. Artists Newsletter.
- Artists’ Union England. Supports freelance artists based in England.
- Axis. A national independent charity who provide a platform to support and profile artists. Has a register of artists and advertises opportunities.
- Arts and Place Network. Formed to address and promote the role of the arts and artists in placemaking.
- Yorkshire & Humber Visual Art Network (YVAN). A support network for the visual arts sector in Yorkshire & Humber.
- East Leeds Project. A creative conversation around community, identity, sustainability, participation.
- Arts & Heritage. Forges collaborations between contemporary artists and heritage organisations to create new perspectives for diverse audiences.
- Centre for Cultural Value. Offers useful evaluation principles amongst other resources.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
- Outside In, a national charity that aims to provide a platform for artists who face significant barriers to the art world due to health, disability, social circumstance or isolation.
- We Are Unlimited will commission extraordinary work from disabled artists until the whole of the cultural sector does. This work will change and challenge the world.
- The Art House places equality of access and higher diversity in contemporary visual arts practice at the core of all its programmes.
- Arts Emergency helps young people get a fair start in the arts and humanities.
- Dulux Dementia Colour & Design Guide useful reference for designing with dementia in mind.
- Arts Council England, Co-Creation report with Heart of Glass and Battersea Arts Centre, 2021.
- Social Art Network a UK wide artist-led initiative developed to support creative professionals working with and dedicated to community-led projects.
- Season for Change. A UK-wide cultural programme inspiring urgent and inclusive action on climate change.
- Julie’s Bicycle. Julie’s Bicycle is a pioneering not-for-profit, mobilising the arts and culture to take action on the climate and ecological crisis.
- Sustainable Arts in Leeds (SAIL). Working together to create a zero carbon/zero waste future for the cultural and creative industries of Leeds.
- Ellen Macarthur Foundation. Charity dedicated to promoting global transition to the circular economy.
- Sustrans. Charity making it easier for people to walk and cycle. (Route 65 goes through Selby district).
- Canal and River Trust. Living waterways that transform places and enrich lives.
- Information Commissioner's Office. Guidance around General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Barnsley CVS. Barnsley Community and Voluntary Services aim to create, support and develop a sustainable and vibrant third sector, supporting volunteers, local charities, voluntary and community groups and social enterprise organisations across the Barnsley borough.
- BMBC Public Art web page. Central point for information about public art in Barnsley.
- Local Area Councils. There are six area councils in Barnsley, each made up of the locally elected councillors who support your ward alliances.
- FUSION. Barnsley’s partnership of arts, culture & education, bringing the best of local arts & culture to ALL children and young people in the borough.